Thursday, September 1, 2011

Winds of change.....

The past few days a new breeze has come.......Fall.  I welcome her with wide arms and a smile on my face.  As She is my favorite.  The cool days when you need a sweater, but not a coat.  The smells and sights, and the early nights of cocoa and blankies.  The nights when my hubby is home more often and the kids fall into their school routine.  Fall.  In all her beauty, her dying leaves of orange and reds.  Her soft smells of pumpkin pies and candy corn.  Her hopes of Friday night lights and waiting books to be read.  I love her.


The onions have been cut and I do miss the beautiful white blossoms, but with fall comes the promise of change, the one thing in life that is certain.  New clothes hang perfectly in the girls room for school is just a week away, soon the clothes will be stained, the backpacks torn, and yet that's part of the beauty of life.......we all change. 

Welcome Fall......I love you.  Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Oh Crystal.....you truly are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to become a writer...I love reading your words!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete